These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Meteorite Collectors Club Website.
By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. Do not continue to use the Meteorite Collectors Club website if you do not accept all of the terms and conditions stated on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, Meteorite Collectors Club and/or it’s licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on Meteorite Collectors Club. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view and/or print pages from http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
• Sell, rent or sub-license material from http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com
We shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com. You agree to indemnify and defend us against all claims arising out of or based upon http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right at any time and in its sole discretion to request that you remove all links or any particular link to http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com. You agree to immediately remove all links to http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com upon such request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuing to link to our Web site, you agree to be bound to and abide by these linking terms and conditions.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we commit to ensuring that the website remains available or that the material on the website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com and the use of http://meteoritecollectorsclub.com.
To the extent that the website and the information and services on the website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When signing up for our newsletter, contacting us, responding to a survey, or enter information on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site, and/or provide us with feedback on our products or services.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails regarding your interest in the Meteorite Collectors Club.
• To follow up with them after correspondence via email.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user submits, or accesses information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
• Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled. It won’t affect the user’s experience that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Remarketing with Google AdSense
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
• By emailing us, or updating your email prefrences
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
• We will notify the users via in-site notification within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
• Market to our mailing list.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails:
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
BUYING AND SELLING METEORITES FROM METEORITECOLLECTORSCLUB.COM MEMBERS
• Please keep post spam to a minimum. If you are buying or selling multiple meteorites list them all in the same post, please don’t create a new post for each specimen.
• If you are looking to buy a specific meteorite please add [BUYING] to the beginning of your post subject. Once you have purchased your meteorite(s) from a specific post please add [FOUND] to the beginning of your post subject.
• If you are making a temporary post to sell meteorites please add [SELLING] to the beginning of your post subject. Once you have sold your meteorite(s) from a specific post please add [SOLD] to the beginning of your post subject.
• If you are making a post to list your meteorite store where you regularly update and add new inventory please add [STORE] to the beginning of your post subject.
• Do not post sensitive account information on a public forum. Simply reply to a post letting the person know you are interested and send them a private message to complete the transaction.
Meteorite Collectors Club is not responsible for monitoring sales between users, and will not be held liable for lost or damaged orders, or transaction disputes. In the event that something happens please file your dispute through PayPal, your bank, or your credit card company. Do not post sensitive information, transaction details, or get into arguments over a transaction on the public forums. It’s always best to try and resolve the issue with each other first. Opening a PayPal, bank, or credit card claim should be used as a last resort in the event that you are unable to resolve the issue with the other person. Any attempt at an unethical post or transaction will result in a permanent ban of your Meteorite Collectors Club account. Please use common sense when buying and selling, and follow these safe buying and selling techniques.
PayPal is the safest way to complete a successful transaction. Both the buyer and seller should have a verified PayPal account before conducting any business.
• It’s always a good idea to do some research about about the meteorite(s) of interest.
• While not everyone is an IMCA member it’s always a good idea to verify membership if possible.
• Requesting the provenance is recommended as it helps to verify the authenticity and history.
• Not all meteorites are classified, that doesn’t mean they aren’t real though. Lab studied and officially classified meteorites tend to be more desired by collectors.
• Compare images to find similarities in other examples online.
• Never use the ‘gift money to friends and family’ option through PayPal to send your payment. Request a proper invoice to protect yourself in case anything unexpected happens. If you don’t use a proper PayPal invoice there is no way for PayPal to track a successful transaction, and will not refund money sent via the gift option in the event of a transaction dispute. Always request a tracking number for your order, this will help you avoid any potential confusion about the status of a shipment.
• After a successful transaction please post a comment on the original forum post leaving the seller feedback regarding the transaction. Feedback builds reputation.
• While not everyone is an IMCA member it’s always a good idea to display your membership number if possible.
• Displaying the provenance is recommended as it helps to verify the authenticity and history.
• Not all meteorites are classified, that doesn’t mean they aren’t real though. Please be absolutely sure that all unclassified specimens are meteorites.
• Never ship your items out before receiving a payment confirmation via PayPal. Always get a tracking number for your packages that you send out, this will help you avoid any potential confusion about the status of a shipment. If your shipment has a large dollar value you might want to consider insuring it, accidents happen and packages can get damaged during transit.
• After a successful transaction please post a comment on the original forum post leaving the buyer feedback regarding the transaction. Feedback builds reputation.
Last edited on September 1, 2020.